Useful resources for the community and landowners.
There are a number of resources which provides guidance around the management of bushfires around wind farms:
- Emergency management guidelines for wind energy facilities - Country Fire Authority, CFA Victoria. May 2015
- Guidelines for wind farms - South Australian Country Fire Service, Government of South Australia, March 2016
- Wind turbines fire protection guideline. European Guideline - CFPA-E No 22:2012 F. Confederation of Fire Protection Associations Europe, 2012
- Understanding aerial firefighting - South Australian Country Fire Service, Government of South Australia
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) has provided guidance in the topic of wind farms and human health, as has the Australian Medical Association.
The NHMRC has also recently announced funding for two research projects, namely:
- Multidimensional assessment of the health Impacts of infrasound: Two randomised controlled trials, managed by the University of New South Wales; and
- Establishing the physiological and sleep disruption characteristics of wind farm versus traffic noise disturbances in sleep, managed by The Flinders University of South Australia. For further information on this study, visit the Wind Farm Study website.
- Wind farm guide for host landowners - Commissioned by NSW Farmers' Association, Sydney, GHD Pty Ltd. 2013
- Landholder benchmark compensation rates: Gas exploration and production in NSW. Energy - Final Report - Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal, Sydney, November 2015